Participation in activities on your own that are not at a Special Olympics practice or event nor under the supervision of a Class A coach are considered activities that you are participating at your own risk and are not covered under Special Olympics insurance policies.
Follow all COVID-19 safety guidelines:
- Follow social distancing recommendations.
- Wear face masks
- Wash hands before, during and after exercise
- Disinfect any sports and/or training equipment you used
You can reduce your risk of exercise injury by:
- wearing the right shoes
- using the correct equipment
- drinking lots of water – stay hydrated
- warming up and stretching properly
- be aware of your surroundings – exercise in a safe and level area clear of any obstacles or items
- maintain social distancing rules when exercising.